ExamSoft's SofTest Installation
Instructions to download, install and register SofTest
The computer you want to use for exams must be connected to the Internet in order to complete the steps below. If you have not finished ALL of the steps below prior to the scheduled time for reporting to the exam room, you will not be able to use a computer. (You may still use pen and Bluebook.) We recommend completing these steps as early as possible.
- Open a web browser to this page: http://www.examsoft.com/ucirvinelaw
- Log in under "Exam Takers" using your UCINETID and, in the Password field, your 8-digit UCI student ID number found on your student ID card (e.g. 12345678).
- Click the "Download SofTest" button, then click the "Download & Install" button and run the installation program.
- After the installation has finished, you will be prompted to register your copy of SofTest. You must be connected to the Internet. Enter the UCINETID and 8-digit student number you used in step #2. You will get a message: "Congratulations. SofTest is now registered."
- To make sure you have completed the installation and registration, open SofTest and run the "Mock Exam" (scroll down for instructions).
If you need help or run into a problem downloading, installing and registering the SofTest program, ExamSoft Support is available to provide assistance. The School of Law Information Technology Services Department is also available to assist students with this process.
You may also contact Examsoft directly:
- Call ExamSoft Support at 866-429-8889
- Email ExamSoft Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact School of Law Information Technology Services at 949-824-1434
- Email School of Law Information Technology Services at email@example.com
- Bring your laptop to the computer lab during our lab attendant hours on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from noon to 3:00 p.m.