With UC Irvine’s ideal Southern California location – between Los Angeles and San Diego and surrounded by coastline, mountains and desert – students have a wealth of recreational and cultural options and venues.
The Irvine Ranch Land Reserve includes 37,000 acres designated by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a National Natural Landmark. And from nearby Disneyland and other theme parks to the Orange County Performing Arts Center and the South Coast Repertory Theater, there’s always something to do.
Academics are important, but we encourage you to get off campus and have some fun.
UCI students can purchase discount tickets for a variety of amusement parks, movie theaters, and other Southern California attractions. Visit the Associated Students website for information and pricing.
- Boomers fun park with laser tag, video games, go karts, mini golf, and more.
- Disneyland & California Adventure
- Knotts Berry Farm This park is particularly known for “Knotts Scary Farm” in the fall.
- San Diego Zoo & Wild Animal Park
- Sea World
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Universal Studios Hollywood Discount Tickets Available through the Associated Students - UCI.
- Campus Plaza located across Campus Drive from UCI. The shopping center has a variety of banks, restaurants, a dry cleaner, and an Albertsons.
- Destination Irvine Check out this site for a Calendar of Events, Arts and Culture, and Shopping. We have a wide variety of shopping options in the surrounding area including: Irvine Spectrum, The District, The Market Place, Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza
- OCRegister.com Local news across the county, Entertainment, dining, shopping, beach life
- University Town Center Located across Campus Drive from the Law School. There are several restaurants, a theatre, fitness opportunities, and a Trader Joe's.There is a Farmer's Market on Saturdays from 8:00am to noon.
The Great Outdoors
- The Great Park The Great Park has a Farmers Market every Sunday from 10am to 2pm. Plus, you can ride their hot air balloon!
- OC Parks Local regional wilderness, historic parks, hiking/running trails & beaches.