ExamSoft SofTest - FAQ from Students
The majority of the concerns that students may have regarding ExamSoft can be found on the FAQ page on the ExamSoft web page.
The following questions were specifically asked by the students:
- What are the system requirements for ExamSoft?
- The system requirements can be found on the ExamSoft FAQ
- How will ExamSoft work with open-book exams (where we're supposed to have access to our notes)?
This is very dependent on how the professor defines the open-book exam. "Open-book" may refer to just physical notes and NOT electronic notes. (More information about this will be provided at a later date.)
- Will students have the option of taking exams in the computer lab instead of using ExamSoft on their personal computers?
- It has been decided that the computer lab will not be offered as an option for taking the exam unless a student makes arrangements with the Student Services department prior to the exam. (Please see Dana Onorato or Assistant Dean Schroeder to further discuss this option.)
- What are the system requirements for ExamSoft's SofTest to run on a PC?
- CPU = 2GHz Intel® Core™/Celeron™ or equivalent x86 processor
- RAM = highest recommended for the operating system or 2GB
- Hard Drive = highest recommended for the operating system or 1 GB of free space.
- Operating System = English 32-bit Versions of Windows XP, 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- ExamSoft does not support Tablet-PC's
- Internet connection for SofTest Installation, Exam Download and Upload
- Screen Resolution must be 1024x768 or higher
- Administrator level account permissions
- Adobe Reader (Version 9 or 11) is required for exams containing PDF attachments.
- Is ExamSoft compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes. 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- What are the system requirements for ExamSoft's SofTest to run on a Mac?
- CPU = Intel processor
- RAM = 2 GB
- Hard Drive = 1 GB or higher free disk space
- Operating System = Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Server version of Mac OS X is not supported
- SofTest may not be used in a virtual operating systems
- Software = Internet connection for SofTest Installation, Exam Download and Upload
- Administrator level account permissions (Instructions)
- Because people are so dependent on their computers, people are generally concerned about the safest way of installing this software on their computers. (Should they be logged out of all other programs, etc.?) Lots of people would feel more comfortable installing the software at a session where help's available if they need it.
- Our lab hours are available for students to come in and have an IT staff member watch a person do the install or they can setup an appointment with us between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm M-F. We will not do the installation for them because we do not want to be held responsible for any issues that may arise on their computer that will most likely have nothing to do with the ExamSoft installation. The install is very straight forward and is really easy to do.
- Which version of Windows does the IT Dept. recommend? Where should we buy it?
- They can buy the OS at the UCI computer store, http://ucirvine.onthehub.com, or http://theultimatesteal.com. Refer to the supported operating systems on which version is supported. The student can decide on which one they would prefer to buy.
- Somebody stated that when they ran the practice exam, it rebooted the computer and didn't ask if you wanted to go into secure or non-secure mode.
- The first message box reminds you that in a practice exam you cannot save any of the responses and then asks whether or not you want to continue with a practice exam. The second message box asks if you want to take the exam in secure mode. If you clicked, "Yes" on the first box and "Yes" on the second box, it will reboot your computer. If you click "No" on the second box, you will be in non-secure mode and it should not reboot your computer.
- After taking my secure exam, when I reboot my computer it doesn't upload my exam immediately. I have to wait until I setup my wireless connectivity manually. Is the professor going to know that I actually finished the exam before my upload time?
- Each exam has a time limit so there's no way for a student to be in an exam longer then the allotted time. If the elapsed time of the exam is critical to the professor, the professor will be provided with the time the exam started, the time the exam was finished, and the time the exam was uploaded. The upload time is different from the time the exam was finished.
- When I'm typing in ExamSoft's SofTest, there is a delay between the keystrokes that I'm typing and the letters appearing on screen. Is that normal?
- We have contacted ExamSoft's technical support on that problem. They stated that you need to contact them directly about the behavior that you are having. They will remote onto your machine and troubleshoot the problem. ExamSoft technical support should be able to assist you with this. Please contact them at (866) 429-8889 - M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm EST
- I'm not happy with my laptop. Can I install ExamSoft's SofTest on a different laptop?
- A student can download and install SofTest as many times on any machine that they choose. The license is good for the entire academic year. HOWEVER, please be aware that exams by default are restricted to ONE download. So, a student needs to ensure that they only download the actual exam file to the computer that they absolutely intend to use for that exam.