Saturday, May 10, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
Aldrich Park at UC Irvine
- Caps & Gowns
- Ceremony & Reception Details
- Checklist for Graduates
- Commencement Contact
- Directions & Parking
- Guests with Disabilities
- Keynote Speaker: California Supreme Court Justice Goodwin Liu
- Pre-Commencement Celebration
- UCI Law Mementos
Graduates have the option of ordering personalized UCI Law Graduation Announcements. There are several options available to meet the needs of every graduate.
Announcements can be ordered online through CB Graduation Announcements at cbgrad.com.
CB Announcements will be on campus Monday, February 3, 2014 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the Law Courtyard. On that day, you will be able to view samples and place orders at their table.
Law school graduates will wear high quality regalia including a plush gown, hood, tam and tassel; graduates will be allowed to keep the tassel. Regalia rental is $60 and can be ordered online beginning Monday, February 3, 2014. Orders must be placed by Friday, February 28, 2014.
Regalia Pick-Up: Regalia will be available for pickup in the Dean's Suite Time and Date TBD. Please pick up your regalia by noon on Thursday, May 8, 2014. You may only pick up your own regalia, and please be prepared to try on your cap and gown upon pickup to ensure all pieces fit properly.
Regalia will not be available on the day of Commencement.
The Campus Alumni Association will provide Regalia samples in the UCI Law Courtyard on Monday, February 3, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Alumni Association members will demonstrate the proper way to carry and wear regalia.
Graduates will need to provide the following information on the online order form:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Permanent address
- Height (in feet and inches). Students should enter their actual height and the gown will be sized to them.
- Tam sizing guidelines. Please note: if you measured a size small you should order the next size up as the tams run small. Most men will need a large tam (student will need to select S/M/L/XL):
S 20 1/4" - 21 1/8" M 21 1/4" - 22 7/8" L 23" - 24 1/8" XL 24 1/4" - 26"
Graduates will be required to return their regalia immediately following the ceremony. You will be able to return regalia at the Commencement Reception. Failure to return your regalia will result in a $400 fee.
Note: Black dye color in gowns cannot be made permanently color-fast. In case of rain, neither UCIAA nor Jostens will be responsible for stains resulting from the wearing of this garment.
Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal: All graduates must attend this rehearsal at 2:00 p.m. Friday, May 9, 2014. Please meet in the lower level of Social Sciences Plaza, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map).
- On the day of Commencement, graduates should arrive by 8:00 a.m., in full regalia, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map) to line up for the procession.
- The ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m. and will last approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- A light reception will begin immediately after the ceremony.
- Tickets will not be required to attend Commencement. Please see below for information on seating for guests with disabilities.
- The ceremony will take place in a grassy area some distance from the parking lot. Attendees are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes.
Prior to Commencement
- Order your Regalia online no later than Friday, February 28.
- Order Graduation announcements with CB Announcements at www.cbgrad.com.
- Ensure that your name in Student Access appears as you would like it to appear on your diploma by Friday, March 28.
- Diplomas will be shipped to your permanent address listed in Student Access. Please be sure that your address is correct in Student Access by Friday, March 28.
- Graduates who have borrowed federal student loans should contact Nasreen Zia for an in-person exit interview session.
- Check your Zot Account for any outstanding fees (library fees or other outstanding fees) to avoid holds on your account.
- Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal: All graduates must attend this rehearsal at 2:00 p.m. Friday, May 9, 2014. Please meet in the lower level of Social Sciences Plaza, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map).
Day of Commencement
- Graduates should arrive by 8:00 a.m., in full regalia, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map) to line up for the procession. Please do not bring personal items (i.e. purses, cameras, cell phones, jackets), as there is no place to store them.
- Return your regalia immediately following the ceremony. A dropoff station will be set up at the Commencement Reception.
- Pick up your graduation gift from the Law Alumni Association table at the Commencement Reception.
Please contact Brittany Rodriguez at email@example.com or via phone at (949) 824-0941 with any questions related to Commencement.
You will not receive your diploma at Commencement. Detailed information about diplomas can be found here.
Aldrich Park is a 19-acre botanical garden in the center of the UC Irvine campus with more than 11,000 trees and shrubs. It has been the site of commencement ceremonies, inaugurations, weddings, concerts, picnics and festivals.
Please note the exact location of the ceremony on this park map.
- The recommended parking structure is the Anteater Parking Structure at East Peltason Drive and Anteater Drive, marked "APS" on this Visitor Parking Map.
- Parking will cost $2/hour or $10 for the day on Friday, May 9, for the Pre-Commencement Picnic. Parking for guests with disabilities is available in designated spaces in the Anteater Parking Structure.
- Parking will be free in the Anteater Parking Structure on Saturday, May 10 for those attending the Commencement Ceremony. Please tell the parking attendant you are here for the Law School Commencement Ceremony. Also, additional parking for guests with disabilities will be available in lot 18 D, just north of the Anteater Parking Structure (see map), closer to the Ceremony site.
- Golf carts will be available both days for anyone who needs assistance getting from parking to Aldrich Park. Patrons should park in the Anteater Parking Structure on both days. ("APS" on Visitor Parking Map)
If someone in your party requires special accommodations at Commencement, please contact Brittany Rodriguez at (949) 824-0941 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 21.
Seating Accommodations: Please contact Brittany Rodriguez by Monday, April 21 to request seating accommodations for wheelchair access or mobility assistance. Each person who requires seating accommodations will be allowed one companion to sit in the designated area with them. Seating accommodations must be reserved in advance.
Grad Images, a professional photography service, will be at Commencement taking photos of each graduate on stage as he/she shakes hands with Dean Chemerinsky. You will receive color proofs via email and to your permanent address within two weeks of the ceremony. You may purchase photos directly through Grad Images.
Customer Service: (800) 261-2576
A celebration picnic will be held in Aldrich Park from 3 to 5 p.m. on Friday, May 9. Please note the exact location of the picnic on this park map.
Graduates are encouraged to bring family members who are attending the Commencement ceremony the next day. Guests should park in the Anteater Parking Structure ("APS" on the Visitor Parking Map). Parking is $2/hour or $10 for the day.
Please RSVP online by May 2, 2014.
Graduates: Don't forget to stock up on UCI Law logo items as mementos and to proudly display your alma mater. You may purchase T-shirts, license plate frames and more through the online UCI Bookstore.