Saturday, May 9, 2015, 9:00 a.m.
Aldrich Park at UC Irvine
Regalia Pick-Up: Regalia will be available to pick up in EDU 1121 on Tuesday, May 5 through Thursday, May 7 from:
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
You may only pick up your own regalia; be prepared to try on your cap and gown upon pickup to ensure all pieces fit properly.
Please note that Regalia will not be available on the day of Commencement.
Note that graduates are required to return their regalia immediately following the ceremony. A regalia return table will be set up at the Commencement Reception. Failure to return your regalia will result in a $400 fee by the vendor.
Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal: All graduates must attend this rehearsal at 2:00 p.m. Friday, May 8, 2015. Please meet in the lower level of Social Sciences Plaza, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map).
- On the day of Commencement, graduates should arrive by 8:00 a.m., in full regalia, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map) to line up for the academic procession.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will last 90 minutes.
- A light reception will begin immediately after the ceremony in the Social Sciences Plaza.
- Tickets will not be required to attend Commencement. Please see below for information on seating for guests with disabilities.
- The ceremony will take place in a grassy area some distance from the parking lot. Attendees are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes.
Prior to Commencement
- Ensure that your name in Student Access appears as you would like it to appear on your diploma by Friday, March 27.
- Diplomas will be shipped to your permanent address listed in Student Access. Please be sure that your address is correct in Student Access by Friday, March 27. Note that the address for diploma mailing requires someone available there to sign for the diploma. Do not use a P.O. Box address.
- Graduates who have borrowed federal student loans should contact Nasreen Zia for an in-person exit interview session.
- Check your Zot Account for any outstanding fees (library fees or other outstanding fees) to avoid holds on your account.
- Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal: All graduates must attend this rehearsal at 2:00 p.m. Friday, May 8, 2015. Please meet in the lower level of Social Sciences Plaza, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map).
Day of Commencement
- Graduates should arrive by 8:00 a.m., in full regalia, in front of the Social Science Laboratory building (see on map) to line up for the procession. Please do not bring personal items (i.e. purses, cameras, cell phones, jackets), as there is no place to store them.
- Return your regalia immediately following the ceremony. A dropoff station will be set up at the Commencement Reception.
- Pick up your graduation gift from the Law Alumni Association table at the Commencement Reception.
You will not receive your actual diploma at Commencement. Detailed information about diplomas can be found here.
Aldrich Park is a 19-acre botanical garden in the center of the UC Irvine campus with more than 11,000 trees and shrubs. It has been the site of commencement ceremonies, inaugurations, weddings, concerts, picnics and festivals.
Please note the exact location of the ceremony on this park map.
- The recommended parking structure is the Anteater Parking Structure at East Peltason Drive and Anteater Drive, marked “APS” on this Visitor Parking Map.
- Parking will cost $2/hour or $10 for the day on Friday, May 8, for the Pre-Commencement Picnic. Parking for guests with disabilities is available in designated spaces in the Anteater Parking Structure.
- Parking will be free in the Anteater Parking Structure on Saturday, May 9 for those attending the Commencement Ceremony. Please inform the parking attendant you are attending the Law School Commencement Ceremony. Also, additional parking for guests with disabilities will be available in lot 18 D, just north of the Anteater Parking Structure (see map), closer to the Ceremony site.
- Golf carts will be available both days for anyone who needs assistance getting from parking to Aldrich Park. Patrons should park in the Anteater Parking Structure on both days. (“APS” on Visitor Parking Map)
Seating Accommodations: Please contact Colleen Taricani by Friday, April 24 to request seating accommodations for wheelchair access or mobility assistance. Each person who requires seating accommodations will be allowed one companion to sit in the designated area with them. Seating accommodations must be reserved in advance.
Grad Images, a professional photography service, will be at Commencement taking photos of each graduate on stage as he/she shakes hands with Dean Chemerinsky. You will receive color proofs via email and to your permanent address within two weeks of the ceremony. You may purchase photos directly through Grad Images.
Customer Service: (800) 261-2576
A celebration picnic will be held in Aldrich Park from 3:00–5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 8. Please note the exact location of the picnic on this park map.
Graduates are encouraged to bring family members who are attending the Commencement ceremony the next day. Guests should park in the Anteater Parking Structure (“APS” on the Visitor Parking Map). Parking is $2/hour or $10 for the day.
Please RSVP online by May 4, 2015.
You may purchase T-shirts, license plate frames and more through the online UCI Bookstore.