Student Services at UCI Law Library
- UCI Law students can request a 20-Minute Training from one of the dual-degreed Research Librarians. These are short sessions for small groups of UCI Law Students focusing on a single topic or skill. Past sessions have included HeinOnline, non-legal databases, advanced searching for cases, and researching a paper topic.
- Request a training
Classes & Studying
- Course Reserve Books are behind the Service Counter. They can be used in the Law Library for two hours at a time.
ANTPAC Course Reserve Search - Options & Examples Professor Last name, first name Fisk - lists all of Professor Fisks's courses with titles on reserve Course Law [number] [title] LAW - lists all Law courses with titles on reserve
LAW 506 - lists all lawyering skills courses with titles on reserve
- Copiers are on the Main Floor.
- Study Aids (a selected group) are available for some courses. The most current ones are behind the Service Counter. See Research > Study Aids.
- Study Rooms are for UCI law student use only. See Study Rooms for more information.
Computing Resources for UCI Law Students
- Computer Lab. UCI Law students with a valid LawID can use the PCs in the lab.
- Connecting from off campus. UCI Law students can connect to most Library databases by using VPN software or using the UCI-wide Web VPN.
- Help. Information Technology Services employees can help in the lab during business hours.
- Printing. Wireless printing instructions are available on the intranet.
- Wireless network. Mobile device registration is required. Law Student VPN instructions are available on the intranet.
- More information about using computers in the Library is available.
Email a Law Librarian
Law librarians and research specialists respond to email from law students during regular desk hours (Monday through Friday, 9am to 5 pm). Send reference questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCI law students may bring one guest to the Law Library. Guests must:
- Exchange a valid form of identification for a guest pass.
- Display the guest pass conspicuously, so that Law Library staff can see it.
- Be accompanied by a UCI law student at all times.
Guest passes are generally available at any time the library is open, except during periods of restricted access. Please speak with a Law Library staff member for more information.
UCI Law students can borrow books from other libraries for their own research, as well as for journal cite-checking. See InterLibrary Loan for more information.
Journal member resources
Looking for information about collecting sources and checking citations? Check Journal Resources.
Other UCI Libraries
UCI Law Students can borrow books and use the study areas at all UCI Libraries:
Storing Books in the Library
UCI Law students interested in storing their research materials in the Law Library can reserve a book truck for a semester. Speak to a Law Library staff member for more details.