Guides pull together:
- essential primary and secondary sources on a topic,
- pointers to print and online resources, and
- some guides may even provide checklists or step-by-step research instructions.
Legal Research Guide Finder
Search Legal Research Guides from select academic law libraries, government libraries, and highly-reputable research organizations. [ I ]
Research Guides from UCI Law Library
More Research Guides
If you don't find a guide on your topic in the Guide Finder, you still have other options.
- Look at the websites of state law libraries, or area law schools that aren't in the Guide Finder.
- Search a legal periodical index for guides that have been published as journal articles. For instance, use LegalTrac’s Advanced Search option and limit the document type to bibliography.
- Search ANTPAC or Melvyl for the terms pathfinder, bibliography, or "research guide." For best results, limit your search to the Law Library in ANTPAC.
- Check State Legislative History Research Guides from Indiana Mauer School of Law Library for starting points on state legislative history.
- Check Globalex from NYU Hauser Global Law School Program for guides to foreign, international, or comparative legal research.
- Browse over 150 Subject Guides from the UCI Libraries, tailored to the research areas and course specialties at UCI.
Hours and basic information: