About Legal Research Guides
Legal Research Guides can provide an overview of an unfamiliar area of law, jurisdiction, or type of legal research. Guides pull together essential primary and secondary sources on a topic, often giving library call numbers for print resources and direct links to online resources. Some Guides may even provide checklists or step-by-step research instructions.
Legal Research Guides from UCI Law Library
Finding Additional Research Guides
- Look at the websites of state law libraries, or area law schools that are not in this Guide Finder.
- Search a legal periodical index for Guides that have been published as journal articles. For instance, use LegalTrac’s Advanced Search option and limit the document type to bibliography.
- Search ANTPAC or UCI WorldCat for the terms pathfinder, bibliography, or "research guide." For best results, limit your search to the Law Library in ANTPAC.
- For state legislative history, visit the Mauer School of Law Library's State Legislative History Research Guides on the Web.
- Browse over 150 Subject Guides tailored to the research areas and course specialties at UCI.