Looking for a book you found in a catalog? Here's where to go if you have the Location and Call Number.
- In Encore, Moore's Federal Practice is at: Law Library Reading Room KF 8820 .A313 M632
- In the map below, it's upstairs on the Second Floor in the Reading Room.
Second Floor - Upstairs
- Faculty Display has a variety of call numbers. This is where we showcase publications written or edited by UCI Law faculty.
- Reading Room has KF 154 - 9900. This is mostly United States secondary material.
- Reserves has a variety of call numbers. This area has books that the research librarians like to use, as well as study aids and books that law professors have put on course reserve.
First Floor - Downstairs
- California Room has KFC 1 - 1199. This area has mostly California statutes and secondary material. (But California reporters are with other reporters, in the Stacks.)
- Stacks has A - Z. This area has everything else. You'll find primary, international, periodical, foreign, and other material in the Stacks.
About call numbers
Have you noticed that most of the call numbers in the Law Library seem to start with K, KF, or KFC? That's because:
- K is the Library of Congress Classification number for Law,
- KF is Law - United States, and
- KFC is Law - United States - California.
See our guide to the Law Library Print Collection for more information about call numbers and subject areas.
Hours and basic information: