How do the study rooms work?
Some are unrestricted. Four study rooms (2080, 2082, 2084, and 2088) are available at any time to UCI law students. For these rooms, there are no check outs, no overdue fines, and no group-use requirement. If you'd like to use one of the unrestricted rooms, just walk over and pick an empty one.
Some check out to groups. If the unrestricted rooms are full, there are six more study rooms that can be checked out for group use.
If you'd like to use one of the group-use rooms:
- Check out a room key at the Service Counter. Your group can keep the room for 3 hours at a time.
- As long as nobody else is waiting for a group-use room, you can renew the key for another 3 hours at the Service Counter.
- Late fee is $2.00 per hour (or portion of an hour).
- Group study rooms are for two or more law students.
One has technology. Use Room 1020, the Multimedia Room, to collaborate on documents or slides, view a film, or use Skype or Google Hangouts to video chat. Hardware: PC, webcam, and 60-inch display.
Big group?Let us know if your group has five or more people, so we can see if a larger room is available.
Standard library rules apply to all study rooms
How do I reserve a study room online?
- Choose a room:
- Click "Book it"
- Use the retro-cool online booking system to choose the date and time. Note: be courteous to fellow students:
- Only book once per day, and only book up to two weeks in advance.
- Make sure your group size fits the group-use rooms.
- Not sure if your multimedia need works in our multimedia room? Talk to Law Library staff before booking.
- Check and manage your bookings online: Login to "My Encore"
Hours and basic information: