Visiting (Non-Matriculating) J.D. Students
Students who have completed the equivalent of two full-time years at another ABA-approved law school may apply for visiting student status at UC Irvine School of Law for one semester or their entire third year.
Admission is granted at the discretion of UC Irvine School of Law, and candidates must demonstrate compelling personal and/or intellectual reasons for seeking to spend the semester or year with us. Visiting students are responsible for meeting all costs associated with attending UCI Law for their planned enrollment, as well as meet any financial obligations to their home law school, and they will ultimately obtain the J.D. from their original institution.
Non-matriculants may not enroll in clinical program courses.
- Application Fee: $0; Fee waiver not necessary
- Spring 2016 Semester Application
- Opens: November 2, 2015
- Closes: December 4, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
- Fall 2016 Semester or 2016–2017 Academic Year Application
- Opens: May 2, 2016
- Closes: July 1, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
- Late applications are not accepted. No exceptions.
- Complete and submit your application using our secure online LSAC Electronic Application.
- First-Year and Transfer Student Applicants: Please see separate application instructions for First-Year and Transfer students.
|All visiting student applicants should follow the below procedures:|
|-||Register with Law School Admission Council's Credential Assembly Service (CAS)|
|Submit the following through LSAC.org by application deadlines:|
|-||Completed LSAC Electronic Application Form|
|-||Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from Law Faculty (no more than four  will be accepted). Must be on file with LSAC & be assigned to UC Irvine School of Law.Personal Statement (500 word limit)|
|-||Personal Statement (500 word limit)|
|-||“Why UCI Law?” Statement (500 word limit)|
Your current law school should submit the following directly to UCI Law (address provided below) by application deadlines:
Visiting Student Admissions Committee
|-||Official Transcripts (law school and undergraduate showing conferral of bachelor’s degree)|
|-||Letter of Good Standing. If available, please include law school class rank.|
Office of Admissions and Student Financial Services
401 E. Peltason Dr.
Irvine, CA 92697-8000
Phone: (949) 824-4545
Phone: (949) 824-8080