The Career Development Office at UCI Law will allow students and alumni of other ABA-accredited NALP member law schools to use its resources on a case-by-case basis.
- All requests must be made in writing (preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) by a professional at the student's or graduate's career services office.
- All requests are evaluated individually and granting of reciprocity is not guaranteed.
- UCI Law will communicate with the requesting school only, but will send a copy of the approval or denial to the student or graduate if contact information is provided. Please instruct your students or graduates not to contact UCI Law directly.
If reciprocity is granted, students and alumni will gain access to our physical Career Library and have on-site guest access to our online job listings. The office will not provide career counseling, nor will it grant access to on-campus interview programs or password-protected sections of the Career Development Office website.
- Reciprocity will be granted on a one-for-one basis.
- Only graduates from law schools that allow UCI Law graduates to use their facilities may use our resources.
- Granting of reciprocity lasts for three months or until August 15, whichever occurs first. Each renewal request will be treated as a new request.
- No law school may have more than five (5) students qualified for reciprocity at a given time.
- To gain access to the Career Development Office, students and graduates must schedule an appointment with the CDO and have a photo ID.
- Reciprocity is closed between August 15 and January 2. Only UCI Law students may have access to the CDO and its resources during this period.
- When responding to job notices obtained in our office applicants must state in their cover letters that they obtained the listing through a reciprocal agreement between the applicant's school and UCI Law.
- The Career Development Office may deny further services to any individual who misuses the facilities or services, or to any school surpassing a reasonable number of requests within a given calendar year.
- The Career Development Office may revoke privileges extended to an individual at any time.
- The Career Development Office reserves the right to modify our Reciprocity Policy at any time, without advance notice.