The Student Bar Association will be the main source of funding for most Student Organization evens. If you need SBA funding for an upcoming event, please make sure you submit a LEAF request at least 2 weeks in advance. The SBA Appropriations Committee meets once a week to decide on funding, and then you will be notified.
If you were approved for funding from SBA, you will need to make purchases with personal finances and then get reimbursed. In order to get your money would will have to:
- Access and fill out a Check Request Form for Student Government Reimbursements.
- Be sure to fill out the form completely including who, what, when, where and why on the form.
- Bring this form printed and signed to Debbie
Mondares in suite 1000 along with:
- An itemized receipt
- Proof of advertising (a flyer or copy of e-mail that was sent out will work)
- Sign-In or Attendance Sheet
- Copy of funding request approval
On the Check Request Form you can opt to have a check mailed to you or you can mark it for pick-up. If you choose pick-up the checks will be waiting for you at the ASUCI Main Office in the Student Center
If you have questions about this process, need to enter into a contract for payment, or need other forms of payment, please get in touch with the Director of Student Life.
Alternative Funding Sources
There will be times when you require additional funding, so be sure to check out these resources, if you feel they will be helpful to you.
- ABA Law Student Division Grant Program
- Associated Graduate Students (AGS)
- Dean’s Fund
- Multicultural Program Committee (PMC)
- Student Initiated Academic Preparation Program (SIAP)
The Student Organization Fundraising policy promotes consistency among student organizations, and between organizations and the formal fundraising efforts of the Dean’s Office. Please direct all fundraising inquiries to the Director of Student Life The Director of Student Life will work with each student organization to determine goals, review necessary policies, and develop an appropriate fundraising strategy. If a student organization violates the fundraising policy, UCI Law reserves the right to take appropriate administrative action up to and including loss of student organization privileges at UCI Law.