Academic Skills Program
UCI Law's Academic Skills Program is a resource for all students seeking to maximize their academic success in law school. From identifying the keys to effective class preparation for first-year students, to demystifying the bar exam for third-year students, ASP provides critical skills instruction to help students excel in all stages of their legal education.
- A comprehensive, general academic skills program open to all 1Ls, including workshops and integrated exercises in first-year courses
- Upper-level courses in advanced legal analysis, open to all 2Ls and 3Ls, restricted by class size
- An Early Bar Prep Program, taught by Dean Chemerinsky and Linda Puertas, open to all 3Ls
- Continued support to all graduates during bar exam study, including feedback on bar essays, workshops on mastering the Performance Test, and strategies for excelling on the Multi-State Bar Exam and Multi-State Professional Responsibility Exam
- Individual academic counseling and feedback on practice exams, open to all students at any point in their academic career
For more information, contact the Academic Skills Office.