International Students

Visa Information

Once you accept UCI Law’s offer of admission, the UCI International Center will issue a certificate of eligibility, usually called an I-20.  You will use this certificate, also known as a visa document, to apply for a student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  After your student visa is issued, you may make plans to come to the U.S.  We strongly encourage you to make an appointment at the Embassy or Consulate well in advance of the date you intend to travel to the U.S., as the process of issuing a visa can take a long time.  For more detailed information or to ask questions, please see the International Center web page or contact them at 1-949-824-7249.

International students admitted to the LL.M. program will be required to document their financial support for their studies in the U.S. for visa purposes. This process is not part of the application for admission. For all matters concerning visas, please consult with the UCI International Center.