Pre-Law Outreach Program
Applications for the Summer 2013 session are no longer being accepted. Please check back in early 2014 for information about the Summer 2014 session.
UC Irvine School of Law’s Pre-Law Outreach Program ("POP") is sponsored by the Orange County Bar Association Charitable Fund and Kaplan Test Prep, Inc. POP helps students from disadvantaged backgrounds understand the demands of law school, prepare for the law school application and admissions process, and be inspired to one day use their legal skills to give back to the community.
There is NO CHARGE for students admitted to the program, which provides:
- A certificate for a free LSAT Review course provided by Kaplan Test Prep, Inc.
- Detailed information on the law school admissions process
- Detailed information about the costs of law school and available financial aid
- Advice about excelling in law school from law students, faculty, and recent graduates
- Information about careers in law from practicing lawyers in many fields
- Limited scholarships for transportation and/or housing costs
- You are a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university (this includes a community college)
- You do not plan to submit any applications to law school until Fall 2014 or later
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are from a disadvantaged background, which may include one or more of the following factors (you only need to meet one of these requirements):
- Family income within 200% of the federal poverty guidelines per aspe.hhs.gov/poverty
- First-generation college student
- Limited familial exposure to post-college education and career opportunities
- English is not the primary language in the home of origin
- Overcoming educational hardships and challenges
- You must attend all six Saturday sessions of POP 2013,
9 a.m.-2 p.m. each day: June 22 and 29 and July 6, 13, 20 and 27. There are no exceptions for those studying abroad.
Questions? Read the FAQ. If you have a question not addressed here or in the FAQ, please email Anna Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.