Below you will find links and information for a wide variety of resources we have both on and off campus. The Student Services team is here to help and can almost always direct you to a useful resource.
Important Steps to Complete:
- My-Aid Application Status – View and Accept Financial Aid Awards
- Log in at the Department of Education website, StudentLoans.gov, and
- Complete the online Unsubsidized/Graduate PLUS Loan Master Promissory Notes (MPN)
- Complete the online Entrance Counseling
- Zot Account - Log in at Zot Account to tell us where to send your funds. Once you log in and get to "Welcome to ZOT Account Online," select "Direct Deposit (DEFT)" and provide the requested information. Financial Aid funds will be deposited on Friday, August 16.
- Avoid late fees - Tuition and Fees are due on August 15.
- Get to know the Financial Aid team.
- Community Fellows are mentors for first-year students that promote community building. Check out their introductory newsletter.
- SBA Mentor Program: The Student Bar Association is organizing a student mentor/mentee program, pairing each 1L with an upperclassman. If you would like to participate, please fill out this GoogleDoc. Those who do not sign up will not be paired with a mentor. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to match you with someone of similar interests. Be creative! Participants who sign up will be contacted by their student mentors in 2-3 weeks. Your mentors look forward to meeting you! Please direct questions to Kelly Galligan at email@example.com.
- Student Organizations are a vital part of our campus community. We encourage you to get involved in one of our current groups or even start a new one. We will host a Student Involvement Fair during the first weeks of school where you can meet Student Bar Association (SBA) leaders and members of UCI Law organizations. More details TBA.
- Family and Friends Day is a great way for your parents, significant others, and friends to experience law school for a day. Have them mark their calendars for Saturday, October 26 from 9am to 1pm.
Information Technology Services
The Information Technology Services department is located in the Education building, Suite 1000.
Students can contact IT for assistance using the following methods:
- Phone at (949) 824-1434 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the computer lab located in the Law Library, please dial extension 41434 during the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm and an IT staff member will be happy to assist you.
By now you should have received and activated access to your lawnet email account. All communication from the law school will be through this account. If you have any questions or need help with the account, please visit Lawnet Google Online Help.
Career Development Office
- Meet the Career Development Staff
- Career Development Timeline for 1Ls
- Mandatory 1L Career Development Orientation on October 15
In accordance with The National Association for Law Placement (NALP) Principles and Standards, and in order to allow 1L students to focus on their studies rather than job search activities, 1L students may not receive one-on-one career counseling or application document review from the Career Development Office before October 15. Prospective employers and 1L students should not initiate contact with one another before December 1. Employers are aware of these dates and do not recruit 1L students, accept applications, or conduct interviews prior to December 1.