Al Meyerhoff Lecture: Connie Rice
Oct. 14, 2010
Topic: "2010 A Freedom Odyssey: Achieving King's Mandate for 'Radical Reconstruction of Society' Through Law."
"When Courts and Science Clash"
Oct. 19, 2010
UCI Law Profs. Henry Weinstein and William Thompson are among speakers at this Forensic Science Education event.
"Preserving the Environment of the Arctic Region"
Nov. 12, 2010
The seventh conference in the "Towards a Sustainable 21st Century" series, presented by Prof. Joseph DiMento's Newkirk Center.
Updated info and more events on the new searchable UCI Law Calendar of Events
Charles Cannon, Assistant Dean of Development, offers a relaxed perspective on recent events, initiatives and capital campaign progress at UC Irvine School of Law. Check his blog for weekly reports and photos.
Forward to a Friend
Know someone who is not getting our e-newsletter? Please send them the following link to sign-up: UCI Law E-Newsletter
Follow us on ...
Second Year Kicks Off
• Dean Chemerinsky's thoughts as the new school year starts
• Class of 2013 takes Civility Oath (video)
• Justice Carlos Moreno welcomes new Class of 2013 (video)
See Photos >>
• Jonathan Glater
• Sarah Lawsky
• Michael Robinson-Dorn
• Christopher Whytock
• New joint appointments Maurer, Richland, Seron, Thompson, plus three new lecturers
How We Spent Our Summer Vacation
• Staff, faculty, students & community partners launch Pre-Law Outreach Program
• All 60 Inaugural Class members worked at legal jobs
• 42 students log 366 total interviews during first On-Campus Interviews
• Prof. Tomlins published a new book, Freedom Bound (video)
Best of the Media
• Dean & UCI Law lauded in "Top 100 Lawyers" list
• 2Ls Mohammed Elayan, Sam Lam help Iraqi Christian refugee win freedom
• Prof. Weinstein interviews Justice Stephen Breyer
• Dean, Kenneth Starr team up on Supreme Court pre-emption case
• Prof. Weinstein talks to Dean Chemerinsky about The Conservative Assault on the Constitution (video)
• L.A. Times: Dean's new book a "welcome dose of real history"
More UCI Law in the News >>