Chancellor's Chair Lecture: Catherine Fisk
Feb. 8, 2011
Topic: "The Labor of Creation and the Law of the Workplace: Attribution of Collaborative Authorship"
"Persistent Puzzles in Immigration Law"
Feb. 17-18, 2011
This two-day symposium is hosted by UC Irvine School of Law and co-sponsored by UC Irvine's Center in Law, Society, and Culture and Center for Research on Immigration, Population and Public Policy.
Chancellor's Chair Lecture: Carrie Menkel-Meadow
March 1, 2011
Topic: "Seeking Consensus in a Polarized World: The Role of Dispute Resolution and Deliberative Democracy"
March 2, 2011
Live & silent auctions, food and entertainment to raise money for UCI Law's Public Interest Law Fund (PILF), a non-profit student organization dedicated to supporting UCI Law students who work to address the many gaps in our system of justice.
Updated info and more events on the new searchable UCI Law Calendar of Events
Charles Cannon, Assistant Dean of Development, offers a relaxed perspective on recent events, initiatives and capital campaign progress at UC Irvine School of Law. Check his blog for weekly reports and photos.
Forward to a Friend
Know someone who is not getting our e-newsletter? Please send them the following link to sign-up: UCI Law E-Newsletter
Follow us on ...
New Year Message from the Dean
The beginning of the Spring 2011 semester means that our inaugural students now are more than half done with law school. Already plans are under way for their commencement in May 2012...
Read more >>
Best of the Media
• Survey ranks UCI Law faculty ninth in the country
• "UC Irvine reaches into Ivy League for new hires"
• UCI Law provides one-third tuition scholarships to entire incoming class
More UCI Law in the News >>
• Alejandro Camacho awarded tenure, effective July 1, 2011
• Catherine Fisk’s latest book wins two prestigious awards
• Christopher Tomlins’ new book named a Book of the Year by The Atlantic
• Dean Chemerinsky’s new book makes Slate’s Top 10 Nonfiction list for 2010
• Elizabeth Loftus' memory research inspires developing TV series
• Carrie Menkel-Meadow receives Outstanding Scholarly Work Award from ABA Dispute Resolution section
• Many 2L students have jobs lined up for next summer (PDF)
• Environmental Law Society students plan Climate Law Symposium (video)
• 2L Chris Dalbey talks about his summer work with the Public Law Center (video)
• Students working on UC Irvine Law Review setting pace for the future (PDF)
More Student News >>
• Attorney Connie Rice delivers first Al Meyerhoff Public Interest Lecture (video)
• The Mark P. Robinson, Jr. Courtroom is dedicated in a Jan. 10 ceremony (video)