Journal Member Resources
The Law Library provides a variety of services to the staff of student-edited journals at UCI, including assistance with collecting cited sources. For detailed questions about services for student editors, please contact the Law Library's journal liaison.
The resources below are useful for checking sources and updating citation formatting.
- Guide to source-collection - from UCI Law Library
- Borrowing books from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Legal Resources Available in PDF - Chicago D'Angelo Law Library
- Finding Legal Materials in PDF - Duke Law Library
- Finding Sources: Primary Law - Northwestern Pritzker Legal Research Center
Editing Article Text
- Chicago Manual of Style. Online, and in print at Z 253 .U6.
- Google docs basics
- The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Word 2010: KF 322.5 .M53. Click through to see if it's on the shelf. (This book shows you how to automatically create and upate tables of contents, footnotes, and other cross-references.)
- Proofreading marks: for editing on paper
- Blue Tips: answers to frequently-asked questions about formatting with the BlueBook
- Bluebook: KF 245 .U55. We have several copies in print; click through to see if any are available.
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation (online ed.) by Peter W. Martin
- Understanding and mastering The bluebook : a guide for students and practitioners: KF 245 .B37. Click through to see if our print copy is available.
Hours and basic information: