Submissions to ExpressO
ExpressO is a bepress
service that allows article submissions to law reviews through one streamlined process. Law Faculty may submit articles by going to the ExpressO
website and following the instructions below. The Law School has an institutional ExpressO account, so all Law Faculty submission charges will be billed back to the school. The ExpressO FAQ
may answer any additional questions.
- Log in. Go to www.law.bepress.com/expresso and click on "Start a new submission." New user? Click "Create free account", complete a simple form and ExpressO immediately e-mails you a password required for log in. (You can change this password later at any time by clicking the "My Account" link and then "Edit Profile".) Every user has a unique account based upon his/her e-mail address.
- Select manuscript file format. Choose between Word or Word Perfect.
- Select law reviews. A full list is organized alphabetically over 10 pages; move between pages by clicking the page number shown at the top and bottom of each page. Alternately, use "browse reviews by category" or "search by title" to identify law reviews. (The top 100 law reviews are available within "browse by category," divided into two groups: 1-50 and 51-100). Select law reviews by clicking the box next to the law review name.
- Verify the list of reviews to which you would like to submit your article.
- Upload your article and related information. Enter the name of the article under "Article Title" and select matching subject areas from the drop-down menu. Entering keywords is optional. At "Full Text of Article," click "Browse." Find the manuscript in your files and double-click on it. The document path appears in the field. Load cover letter and CV in similar fashion.
- Multiple authors? You can add co-authors under the heading "Authors". Select the red sign at the end of the row and a new row will be created to enter a co-author's email address, name and affiliation.
- Administrator? Follow the instructions for multiple authors. Remember to delete the row containing your information by clicking the blue at the end of that line. (This ensures direct correspondence between the author and the law review.)
- Review delivery details and payment information. Law Faculty at UCI are covered by the Law School ExpressO account.