Help us keep the Library space quiet and clean. The Library building is directly adjacent to a shaded courtyard with tables and chairs; the courtyard can be an ideal setting for private phone calls, meals, and conversations.
- Cell phones. Take all calls outside of the Library. Note that conversations with employers and clients are especially inappropriate in the Library because they will likely be overheard.
- Drinks with lids. Beverages in covered containers are permitted at this time in most areas of the Law Library. Exception: drinks are not permitted in the computer lab.
- Food. Food is not permitted inside the Library.
- Music and video. Listen to music or other audio in headphones, at a volume that won't be overheard by those sitting nearby.
- Postings. Do not affix anything to the walls in the Law Library.
- Smoking. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Law School.
Visiting the library
- UCI Law Students, Faculty and Staff can use the library for general study purposes whenever the building is open.
- All other Law Library users, including students and faculty from other UCI departments and schools, should consult the visitor access policies.
Notes for library visitors
- Fire alarms. Leave immediately. Use the stairs; do not use the elevator.
- Lost & found. Ask at the Service Counter about lost or found items.
- Theft. Do not leave valuables unattended. Report a theft immediately to University Police at (949) 824-5223. Please also report any theft to the Service Counter.