About the Law Library
Located on the lower two floors of the Law Building, the Law Library provides access to an array of primary and secondary materials. Wireless access throughout the Library, several public computers, and a computer lab facilitate access to the large collection of electronic resources. The Law Library also seeks to provide a peaceful, comfortable environment for research, study, and intellectual engagement. The lower floor is reserved as a quiet space, while five group-study rooms allow students to engage in collaborative learning. The Library’s collection of framed, brush-stroke reproduction images of California Impressionist paintings, a generous loan from The Irvine Museum, enhances the natural setting of the space and ties the Law School firmly to the Southern California tradition.
The mission of the University of California, Irvine School of Law Library is to partner proactively with the School of Law in pursuing excellence in education, advancing outstanding legal scholarship, and fostering service in the public interest. To that end, we provide comprehensive access to legal information relevant to the research, instructional and service endeavors of the Law School, through a synthesis of innovative services, integrated collections, effective instruction, creative use of technology and dynamic participation in the Law School community.
- We are attentive to the mission and goals of the School of Law and we actively seek ways to promote these endeavors through Library services and collections.
- We design and implement services that effectively respond to the information needs of the Law School faculty and students as our highest priority. As resources permit, we also provide services to the greater UCI community, legal professionals and other patrons.
- We act as a gateway to scholarly legal information in all formats. We collect, organize and provide access to that information in a timely manner that is mindful of the user.
- We provide critical expertise in locating, evaluating, and conveying legal information through individual interactions with users, formal training in the classroom and virtual training on the web.
- We provide and support educational and research technologies and our web portal in order to enhance the law school experience for faculty and students at the School of Law.