Exam Technology Overview
The following technical resources are available to you to get you through your exams:
- Your personalized exam schedule can be found on your MyCourses page.
- In-person exams will be administered using ExamSoft's SofTest or via Blue Book
- Take-Home exams will be administered using our Take Home Module.
ExamSoft's SofTest Quick Overview
The UC Irvine School of Law ExamSoft page is located at http://www.examsoft.com/ucirvinelaw.
- You must download and install the latest version of the ExamSoft SofTest product.
- Please download your exam files before the day of your exams.
- You should test your wireless and run a "Mock Exam" to make sure everything is working correctly.
- You must complete the installation process before you report to the exam room. Students who fail to do so will be required to use Bluebooks.
- Please note that if you don’t download exams by 12 noon the day before your exam in ExamSoft you will have no option but to use Blue Book.
- Installation and testing of SofTest and computer help is available throughout the semester.
For more information regarding ExamSoft's SofTest, please refer to the following resources:
- System requirements for ExamSoft's SofTest
- Installation Help of ExamSoft's SofTest
- FAQ from students regarding ExamSoft's SofTest
Take Home Module Quick Overview
The UC Irvine School of Law Take Home module is located at http://apps.law.uci.edu/takehome.
- No software installation is required. You simply need a web browser to access.
- You will be required to login to the take home module using your UCINETID.
- Once logged in, you should see a list of takehome exams that are available for you to take.
- Unlike SofTest, once you download the exam the clock has started on that exam and you must upload your answer within the amount of time provided.
- The system will not prohibit you from uploading an exam if you have passed the deadline. The instructor will be notified that your submission was late.
- You must create and upload your exam response in one of the following formats: PDF, DOC, or DOCX.
- For more information, a user guide can be found at http://apps.law.uci.edu/takehome/TakeHomeExamUserGuide.pdf.