2013 Emerging Immigration Law Scholars and Teacher Conference
This conference is being organized to create a space for junior immigration law scholars and teachers to share drafts of their research projects, discuss teaching techniques, and to get to know one another. This conference is modeled after similar conferences held at Hofstra School of Law in 2009 and American University, Washington College of Law in 2011. We intend for this gathering to occur every other year. Specifically, it is held during the off-years of the biannual Immigration Law Teachers Workshop (which addresses the interests and needs of the larger immigration law teaching community).
Please note that the emerging law teachers conference has been scheduled to accommodate those attending the Mid-Year AALS Meeting in San Diego, which is scheduled to conclude on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. The “emerging” conference will begin on the morning of Thursday, June 13 and conclude by midday on June 14.
For questions related to conference content, feel free to contact any member of the planning committee:
- Stewart Chang, Whittier Law School (email@example.com)
- Pratheepan Gulasekaram, Santa Clara Law (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ernesto Hernandez, Chapman School of Law (email@example.com)
- Kathleen Kim, Loyola Law School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jennifer Koh, Western State College of Law (email@example.com)
- Kevin Lapp, Loyola Law School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stephen Lee, UC Irvine School of Law (email@example.com) – Planning Committee Chair
For all other questions, please contact UCI's event coordinator, Brittany Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The registration fee includes parking, breakfast, and lunch for both June 13 and 14, and dinner for June 13.
$100 - Register by May 3
$125 - Register by May 31
$150 - Register by June 7
$175 - Register on the day of the event (June 13)
of sponsoring institutions are entitled to a fee waiver.
To obtain a discount code for the fee waiver, please email email@example.com
using an email address reflecting the relevant institutional affiliation.