Center for Land, Environment, and Natural Resources (CLEANR)
Each year, the Center will convene a series of lectures on a particular environmental law issue.
For 2012-2013, the focus will be on environmental disaster response, liability and compensation, with a particular focus on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Confirmed speakers in the Disaster Law Series include:
- Richard J. Lazarus, Howard J. and Katherine W. Aibel Professor of Law, Harvard University, and former Executive Director, President's Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Daniel A. Farber, Sho Sato Professor of Law, University of California, Berkeley, on “Beyond Imagination: Government Blind Spots Regarding
- Kent Syverud, Dean, Washington University School of Law and Individual Trustee, BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Trust, on “Lessons from the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Trust”
- Kenneth Feinberg, Feinberg Rozen, LLP and Fund Administrator, BP Deepwater Horizon Disaster Victim Compensation Fund, on “Unconventional Responses to Unique Catastrophes: Tailoring the Law to Meet the Challenges”
- Lisa Grow Sun, Associate Professor of Law, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, on "Disaster Wars: War Metaphors and Disaster Response"