Other University of California (UC) Law Schools
The Career Development Office at UCI Law will allow students and alumni of other UC law schools to use its resources between December 15 and August 15, with IDs from their respective schools. Reciprocity is not available between August 15 and December 15. Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Non-UC Law Schools
The Career Development Office at UCI Law will allow students and alumni of all non-UC NALP member law schools to use its resources on a case-by-case basis.
Request Procedures for Non-UC Law Schools
- All requests must be made in writing (preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) by a professional at the student's or graduate's career services office.
- All requests are evaluated individually and granting of reciprocity is not guaranteed.
- UCI Law will communicate with the requesting school only, but will send a copy of the approval or denial to the student or graduate if contact information is provided. Please instruct your students or graduates not to contact UCI Law directly.
- Reciprocity will be granted on a one-for-one basis.
- Only graduates from law schools that allow UCI Law graduates to use their facilities may use our resources.
- Granting of reciprocity lasts for three months or until August 15, whichever occurs first. Each renewal request will be treated as a new request.
- To gain access to the Career Development Office, non-UC students must have with them a copy of the letter granting reciprocity and a photo ID.
- Reciprocity is closed between August 15 and December 15. Only UCI Law students may have access during this period.
- When responding to job notices obtained in our office applicants are required to state in their cover letters that they obtained the listing through a reciprocal agreement between the applicant's school and UCI Law.
- The Career Development Office may deny further services to any individual who misuses the facilities or services, or to any school surpassing a reasonable number of requests within a given calendar year.
- The Career Development Office may revoke privileges extended to an individual at any time.
- The Career Development Office reserves the right to modify our Reciprocity Policy at any time, without advance notice.
If reciprocity is granted, students and alumni will gain access to our physical Career Library and have on-site guest access to our online job listings. The office will not provide career counseling, or grant access to on-campus interview programs or password-protected sections of the Career Development Office website.