Letters of Recommendation
In order to have a Letter of Recommendation kept on file with the UCI Law Career Development Office, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the Letter of Recommendation Waiver Form to indicate your preference regarding the confidentiality of the letter.
- Submit the completed Waiver Form to your recommender once he/she agrees to write your Letter of Recommendation, so that he/she is aware of whether or not you will be viewing the content. Most recommenders will allow for you to send the completed Waiver Form electronically.
- Have your recommender submit his/her Letter of Recommendation (preferably on letterhead) and the completed Waiver Form in the same envelope, to the following address:
Career Development Office
UC Irvine School of Law
401 East Peltason Drive, Suite 1000
Irvine, CA 92697-8000
- Students are NOT permitted to submit their own Letter of Recommendation to the Career Development Office for confidentiality reasons.
In order to have the Career Development Office send a Letter of Recommendation to an employer, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the Letter of Recommendation Distribution Form, which allows you to specify which Letter of Recommendation you would like to have mailed to an employer.
- Submit the completed Distribution Form to Kelly Swanholm in the Career Development Office.
- The Career Development Office will then mail the specified Letters to the employer.
For information and instructions regarding Post-Graduate Judicial Clerkship Letters of Recommendation, please visit the Judicial Clerkships page.
Any questions regarding the information found on this page should be directed to Career Development Coordinator Kelly Swanholm at email@example.com or (949) 824-0364.