Student Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to know:
- What financial assistance is available at UC Irvine School of Law.
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each financial aid programs available.
- The Cost of attending UC Irvine School of Law and the refund policy.
- How your financial aid eligibility was determined.
- What resources are considered in the calculation of your financial aid eligibility.
- How much of your financial need is unmet, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- The terms and conditions of the various financial aid programs.
- What portion of the financial aid you receive must be repaid, and what portion is Scholarship and therefore not repayable. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know what the interest rate is, the total amount to be repaid, the procedure for repayment and when the repayment is to begin.
- How UC Irvine School of Law determines whether you are making satisfactory academic progress for financial aid and what happens if you are not.
You are required to:
- Report to
Office of Financial Aid any changes in the following:
- Housing changes
- Enrollment status
- California residency status
- Additional earnings, funds or support
responsibility for any loans accepted:
- Review the loan terms and process any documents regarding repayment prior to graduation.
- Participate in the loan-counseling program prior to receiving your first loan and at the conclusion of your enrollment at UC Irvine School of Law.
- For Federal Direct Student Loans, notify the loan servicer as specified in the loan terms.
- Repay any funds you receive which cannot be reasonably attributed to meeting your educational expenses.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in the course of study you are pursuing.
Go to the UCI Law Financial Aid Disclosures page for privacy and non-discrimination policy information.
Office of Financial Aid
401 E. Peltason Dr.
Irvine, CA 92697-8000
Phone: (949) 824-8080
Fax: (949) 824-5848