This page provides links to information you may find useful in financing your law degree. Please note that the sites listed here are not associated with UC Irvine School of Law; the information provided is the responsibility of the site owners.
- FAFSA on the Web: The initial step to getting federal aid is completing the form online. UCI Law's Federal School Code is 001314.
- First-time Borrowers / Loan Entrance Counseling: Each student receiving a loan for the first time at UC Irvine School of Law must complete Loan Entrance Counseling. This requirement applies to students who have previously borrowed at another institution. Loan funds cannot be released until this requirement has been met.
In order to ensure that UCI, School of Law receives notification that you completed your entrance counseling, please follow these steps:
- In Step 3 "Select Schools," click on the button "Add Schools."
- Enter "Irvine" for the school name and click the Search button.
- Select "University of California - Irvine" and click the "Choose Selected School" button.
- Click on the "Proceed" button and the information will be sent to UCI Law.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): This site provides a centralized, integrated view of Federal Student loans and grants so that recipients can access and inquire about their loans and/or grants. You will need your Federal Student Aid PIN to access your information.
- Financial Literacy Tips: CashCourse.org/UC Irvine offers information on everything from budgeting and using credit cards to saving and planning for the future.
- Free Annual Credit Check: Get your free credit report yearly from this site, which collects data from all three credit bureaus: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.
- Access Group: This site provides information regarding smarter decisions with managing and repayment of graduate school loans.
- Income-Based Repayment Plan: This site provides up-to-date information regarding repayment of Federal Student Loans and the Income-Based Repayment program. Information about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program is also available here.
- Pay As You Earn Repayment Plan (PAYE): This site provides up-to-date information regarding repayment of Federal Student Loans and the PAYE Repayment program.
- Loan Calculator at Finaid.org: This Loan Payment Calculator computes your monthly loan payments.
- Loan Calculator and Interest Rates with Department of Education: There are several repayment plans: standard, extended, graduated, and income contingent. How much you pay and how long you take to repay your loans will vary depending on the repayment plan you choose. Consolidation loans also have varying repayment plans. Use this link to determine your repayment amounts under each of the different plans.
UC Irvine Resources
- Central Cashier's Office
- Financial Services
- International Center
- Student Health Center
- The PACE Plan (Registration Fee installment payments)
- Veteran Services
State of California Disclosure: Federal student loans are available to most students regardless of income and provide a range of repayment options including some income-based repayment plans and loan-forgiveness benefits, which other education loans are not required to provide.