The UCI Saturday Academy of Law (SAL) is designed to help students develop stronger critical reading, writing and speaking skills, while providing students with the opportunity to learn about exciting careers in law.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Attend classes at UC Irvine School of Law
- Meet judges, attorneys and other public officials
- Meet other students from all over the school district
“These Saturdays have been very marvelous and I have learned so much about law. I never thought this program would be so exciting. I remember the first day I came in and I didn’t want to talk at all but now I have improved those skills. My favorite Saturday has been when we met two lawyers and it really inspired me to push myself in school and to think about my future. It’s sad that we only get 6 Saturdays to come to this program. I think there should be more great programs like this.”
- Ninth grade student enrolled at Anaheim Union High School District, Garden Grove Unified School District or Santa Ana Unified School District by program start date
- Jr. High/Middle School GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Currently enrolled in upper level math by program start date
- Attendance is mandatory at all six Saturday sessions
Students who successfully complete SAL will receive extra credit when applying to any of the University of California campuses. In addition, several SAL graduates have been chosen to participate in the highly selective Project SELF program, which provides internships for 11th graders at local law firms.
Option 1: Apply Online
- Download the application here
- Read the Student Expectations document below.
- Complete the application with a digital signature from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians must have a valid email address to apply their digital signature. NOTE: Application must be saved to your computer to enable digital signature function.
- Send application and required essay as an email attachment to SAL@law.uci.edu by the application deadline.
Option 2: Apply at Your School
- Request an application from the College/Career Counseling Office at your high school.
- Read the Student Expectations document, listed below, with your parents.
- Return completed application with required essay to the College/Career Counseling Office by the application deadline.
For questions, application deadlines and more about SAL, please email SAL@law.uci.edu.