Mark P. Robinson Jr. Lecture
This annual lecture series is made possible by an anonymous donor in honor of Mark P. Robinson Jr., senior partner at Robinson Calcagnie Robinson Shapiro Davis Inc., and his generous support of the UC Irvine School of Law.
- April 10, 2015: Jeffrey Toobin, writer, legal analyst. More details to come
- April 18, 2014: Scott Turow, writer and attorney, on “It's Only Words: Writing Novels About the Law.”
- February 14, 2013: David B. Wilkins, Harvard Law School Vice Dean, Global Initiatives on the Legal Profession; Director, Program on the Legal Profession; and Lester Kissel Professor of Law, on “The Future of Large Law Firms In The Global Age of More For Less.”
- March 12, 2012: Nancy Gertner, Judge, U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, and current visiting professor at Harvard Law, on “An Improbable Life: From Unrepentant Advocate to the Bench.”
- April 18, 2011: Robert Henry, president of Oklahoma City University and former Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, on “Doing Justice: Postcards from the Lobby to the Limestone Palace”
- April 2, 2010: Prof. Burt Neuborne, New York University School of Law, on “Felix Frankfurter's Revenge? A Democracy Built by Judges”